7.18.2007

Shane Alexander


Song: Front Porch Serenade
17/07/07 at The Living Room, NYC

It was a sunny and chill afternoon at NXNE Six Shooter's Back lot BBQ concert in Toronto. The backyard was packed with people and veggie burgers. I was in my second Sangria and chatting with TSOOL's Martin and Ebbot about everything and nothing. By an eclipse of blink. Shane rushed me with his flyer and dropped "Please come to my gig tonight." and gone before I can react.
While TSOOL is doing SC. I went check him online and instantly attracted by his sorrow voice and beautiful music. I recognized many of them from TV series' background music and figured that he's definitely the one to watch. I then planed to sneak out from TSOOL's gig which my hubby was touring and to go to his instead. But duty called. That night. We became friendly with Ron Sexsmith and Colleen. TSOOL's gig was great. Ian finally back to his old charming self which I took many pictures and Ebbot dedicated me my favorite song "Black Star" that I blushed for a second in the dark.
Back to NYC. iTunes Shane Alexander's Stargazer and happy to find he's on his way here. July 17 at The Living Room. The show was late and delayed. When we came back from a small walk. I've found Shane stood there chatting. Since I promised taiwan's twitter queen Carol to get the flyer signed so I approached. Shane used his both hands warmly shacked mine and recognized me from my Myspace id pic. How come?! That pic showed only 1/4th. of my face. Guess I just fit what Claire said in Elizabethtown "Everybody is less mysterious than they think they are." I got my flyer signed which will go to Carol. My seriously lack of sleep hubby was there trying really hard to stay awake after a shot of double expresso, plus there was a bit singer nervousness before gig which we didn't really exchange much words.
Shane was on his solo tour with an amp. box. He started with my favorite "Stargazer" then followed by some jokes. His voice is a real charm and plays guitar magically which is a rare pleasure. He took a sip of beer and he joked about his pulled over by road cop, mentioned Ron and all. We laughed. We were pleased by his music and surprised by his stand-up comedy talent. My man enjoyed fully but he needed to get up at 5 so we took off once the show ended. A hug goodbye followed by a buddha thanks. mmm... he smells good.
Got home. Tried to avoid the hangover the second day which I kept awake from my drunkenness of Chardonnay by uploading the pictures and video I took from the gig. Happily found my new toy Leica D-Lux 3 gives good enough video footage.
Here you go. Enjoy Shane Alexander's Front Porch Serenade. And don't miss his show if he's touring close to you.

No comments: