8.11.2006

An allergy experience


Just want to share this with you.

Lately I have all kinds of allergies from acne products and pet's hair. I have tried all cosmetic products on my forearm before apply on my face, and keep all pets away from me, and I can still get redness and itchy eyes. It all start with my acne problem once I stop Diane 35. For 2 years, I went to see many doctors, allergists, dermatologists etc. Ended up I've no allergy but extremely sensitive skin.

The other day, I went to emergency room at 2 am for an unknown food allergy, which gave me mosquito bites like reaction all over my body and back of my head. Doctors asked me if I ever have food allergy before. I only recall I might once had a dry peach and it inflated my right lips. At emergency room, I got a shot of mixed of Cortisone and other thing. I then fell asleep 20 minutes later and morning woke up with no allergy at all.

I took Celestamine for a day, which I have to stop because some redness side effect, then take Aerius for 8 days. I have some redness again for a day when I took antibiotic to extract a wisdom tooth (after cardiologist's permission), then I have to take the antibiotic day and night for 5 days. Not for my allergy but for my heart valves imperfection.

After many allergy tests and all examinations I have been through. I now know I'm very healthy and I have slight allergy reaction from dogs. My skin is sensitive to dogs and cats' poisoned saliva, the Glycolic pads from Dr. Sobel, and on and off the Minocycline from Dr. Sobel. The cause of my food allergy crises is still unknown. The allergist plans to have me test with Minocycline and the food I ate that day.

I didn't return to Dr. Sobel since and I stop to use all products and medication prescript by him. My acne problem is much better now with my own cure, and glad I’ve met some very good doctors.

No comments: