8.13.2006

Chien-Ming Wang Rules!!




After New York Times article. August 13, 2006
More about him Yankees Player info


Can't tell you how much I've missed baseball after 16 years in Europe.

Now moved to NYC since a year, and happily found a Taiwanese pitcher Chien-Ming Wang, made his debut and carrying more than just well in the major league. What a gift for my new life and I can't thank him enough for it. Not just me. My Swedish husband also learned to engage into my baseball homesick. He enjoys the games, wins and losts with me and with the rest of Taiwanese, just like sometimes I cheer for the Swedish huckey or football teams.

We go to Yankees stadium in navy blue Wang's number 40 t-shirts, we watch it at home or on the computer when we travel back to Europe. Today. Wang will pitches another game and we all cross our figers for him. Not just us. He's in all Taiwaneses' hearts. Wang's hard work makes us forget our worries in life and our politic faillures. At least when he pitches. And at least now, we have someone we're proud of that Chinese government can't deny where he came from.

26-year-old Wang has a pair of strong shoulders for all Taiwanese's long lost hopes and dreams. And maybe for the New Yorkers as well under his cool charm. His hard works and all given chances by everyone in his life journey. All that makes him a phenomena by itself. That we cheer for him, for NY Yankees, for New York a place where dreams can come true.

No comments: