10.05.2006

Nursing Home or Cruise Ship? 養老院 還是 遊輪假期?



A fact story. 這是個真實的故事。

About 2 years ago my wife and I were on a cruise through the western Mediterranean aboard a Princess Cruise Ship. At dinner we noticed an elderly lady sitting alone along the rail of the grand stairway in the main dining room. I also noticed that all the staff, ships officers, waiters, busboys, etc., all seemed very familiar with this lady.

大約兩年前,我與我的太太在一艘西地中海的遊輪假期上。一次晚餐的時候,我注意到一位老太太,單獨在餐廳的大旋梯旁用餐。我也注意到船務人員,遊船長官,服務生,收碗盤的小弟等,都對她不陌生。

I asked our waiter who the lady was, expecting to be told that she owned the liner, but he said he only knew that she had been on board for the last four cruises, back-to-back.

我詢問我們的服務生她是誰,本來以為她擁有這條航線,但是服務生說他只知道這位老太太,已經在船上來來回回的做了四趟了。

As we left the dining room one evening I caught her eye and stopped to say hello. We chatted and I said, "I understand you've been on this ship for the last four cruises". She replied, "Yes, that's true."

一天傍晚,當我們離開餐廳的時候,我們遇到她,並停下來向她問好。我們聊著,然後我說,“我聽說妳已經在這艘船上坐了四趟了。“ 她回答說,“是的,沒錯。“

I stated, "I don't understand" and she replied, without a pause, "It's cheaper than a nursing home".

我繼續說,“我不懂。“ 她接著回答,“這比養老院還便宜。“

So, there will be no nursing home in my future. When I get old and feeble, I am going to get on a Princess Cruise Ship. The average cost for a nursing home is $200 per day. I have checked on reservations on a Princess and I can get a long term discount and senior discount price of $135 per day. That leaves $65 a day for:

所以,我的未來將不會有養老院。當我老又無力的時候,我將會去坐公主遊輪。
一般養老院的平均價錢大約是200美金一天。我查過公主遊輪的費用,有老人的長期優惠價,135美金一天。
這樣就會剩下65美金的價差可以:

1. Gratuities, which will only be $10 per day.
每天只有10美金的雜費。

2. I will have as many as 10 meals a day if I can waddle to the restaurant, or I can have room service (which means I can have breakfast-in-bed every day of the week).
如果我可以慢慢走到餐廳,我一天最多可以吃上十餐,或著我可以叫房間送餐服務 (也就是說,我在床上可以吃一個禮拜的早餐)。

3. Princess has as many as three swimming pools, a workout room, free washers and dryers, and shows every night.
公主遊輪上有三個游泳池,一個健身房,免費的洗衣和烘乾和每天晚上的表演節目。

4. They have free toothpaste and razors, and free soap and shampoo.
船上有免費的牙膏和刮鬍刀,還有免費的香皂和洗髮精。

5. They will even treat you like a customer, not a patient. An extra $5 worth of tips will have the entire staff scrambling to help you.
你會有客人般的待遇,而不是病人。加個5美金的小費,工作人員會竭力的幫你。

6. I will get to meet new people every 7 or 14 days.
我可以每7天或14天的認識新的人。

7. T. V. broken? Light bulb need changing? Need to have the mattress replaced? No problem! They will fix everything and apologize for your inconvenience.
電視壞了?要換燈泡?需要換床墊? 沒問題! 他們都會幫你做到,還會抱歉造成你的不便。

8. Clean sheets and towels every day, and you don't even have to ask for them.
你連問都不用問,每天就有乾淨的床單和浴巾。

9. If you fall in the nursing home and break a hip you are on Medicare; if
you fall and break a hip on the Princess ship they will upgrade you to a suite
for the rest of your life.
如果你在養老院摔跤,摔壞坐骨,你將會轉到病患部。但是如果你在公主遊輪上,他們會幫你永遠升等到套房。

Now hold on for the best! Do you want to see South America, the Panama Canal, Tahiti, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, or name where you want to go? Princess will have a ship ready to go.
好康的在後面!你想要去看看南美洲,巴拿馬運河,海地,澳洲,紐西蘭,亞洲或任何其他地方嗎?公主遊輪都有船隨時開航。

So don't look for me in a nursing home, just call shore to ship!
所以,別到養老院去找我,來港口吧!

ex-employ of Princess Cruise
前公主遊輪人員

No comments: